1. What's in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
- This policy covers the services that are offered by Mob
What's not covered in this policy?
- Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies' services, like opening a track on a recipe page on another music service such as Spotify. We also use Google Analytics and Tag Manager to help understand our users better. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
- We also use various online tools to keep our website running and these may handle your information. For more info please follow the links below:
3. How do you protect my personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping your information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure - if you have any concerns that your Mob account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch.
Where we store your information:
Some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside the UK and the European Economic Area. We only let that happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being transferred, stored and processed in a location outside the UK and the EEA.
4. What types of personal information does Mob collect about me?
We'll give you details about why we need your personal information and how we'll use it before you begin, unless it's obvious.
a. Information that you give us
We ask for your name and contact details, gender, interests and dietary requirements at sign up. We do this so we can better understand our audience and how it engages with our content - which thus allows us to make better content for you.
b. Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
- your computer
- your mobile
- your TV
- your tablet
- your voice-enabled device
Our use of Google Analytics will automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you're not signed into to your Mob account. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- app ID
- vendor ID
- advertising ID
5. How long will Mob keep my personal information?
- we only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
- we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
6. How can Mob use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It's called the "lawful basis for processing". Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you'd reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don't ask your permission, but only when:
- the law says it's fine to use it, and
- it fits with the rights you have
We might use your information for these types of things:
- to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- to deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- to personalise services and give you things more tailored to your tastes
- to recommend things we think might interest you
- to show advertising and content that’s tailored to you
- to research and innovate
- to build a big picture of our audience, selections of which we may anonymise and pass onto selected third parties or the media in the form of statistics demonstrating trends in usage
- to contact you about various things
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We'll only send you marketing emails or contact you about Mob if you've agreed to this.
Will my personal information be used when Mob advertises with other companies?
If you have a Mob account we might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and targeted advertising for Mob through other companies’ sites, like Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Twitter for example. This could be showing you a Mob sponsored message where we know you have a Mob account and use our services.
If you don’t want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media companies’ settings.
8. When does Mob share my personal information with others?
When we use other companies to power our services.
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you're using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf - such as newsletter services like MailChimp. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, to ask you what you think about our services, or to analyse data on how people use our digital services so we can improve them.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
When we internally share personal information for the winner of a giveaway.
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
We may also share big picture trends and/or trends in usage in the form of statistics with selected third parties and/or in some cases the media. This does not include sensitive information that you would expect to remain private, and all data is entirely anonymous.
Mob isn’t responsible when you access a Mob service through another company’s services. It’s up to you if you want to access Mob in this way. Sometimes by law we have to pass on your information to other organisations.
9. Can I delete my information?
This depends on what information you're talking about.
If you're talking about Mob account you can delete your account. Your account information is immediately deleted. We may keep a record of how you've used our services, but this will be totally anonymous.
10. What are my rights?
Remember, you're in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your information
- not let robots make big decisions about you
- ask us to correct information that's wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails or turning off personalisation
11. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we'll let you know. It might be a notice, an email or a message in your app.
If you don't agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services, delete your account and stop giving us any more personal information. We'd be sorry to see you go.
If, at any point, you want to be removed from the mailing list you can either unsubscribe through the link in an email, or unsubscribe in your account profile on the site.
13. How can I contact Mob?
- Email us at email@example.com